The bill sponsored by Senator Chris Anyanwu which was committed to the senate committees on Labour, Health seeks amongst other things to ensure that employers of labour are properly protected.
The highlights of the Bill are as follow:
• To make further provisions for securing the safety, health and welfare of persons at work;
• To make provisions for protecting others against risks to safety or health in connection with the activities of persons at work;
• To establish the National Council for Occupational Safety and Health to create a general framework for the improvement of working conditions and the working environment;
• To prevent accidents and departures from health arising out of or in the course of work;
• To ensure the provision of occupational safety and health services to workers in all sectors of economic activity.
The bill is also to establish the National Council for Occupational Safety and Health Hazards and for related issues with the following functions:
• To ensure employee safety and health in Nigeria by working with employers and employees to create better working environments;
• To act as a regulatory agency by issuing safety and health standards that is enforceable under Nigerian safety law.
OUR QUESTIONS ARE:
- Do you think the content of this bill is rich enough to guaranty both the safety and health of the Nigerian worker and security for the employer?
- What are those crucial contents you feel ought to have been included bot no there presently?
Send us a mail at email@example.com